Health Benefits of Besan
- Lowers diabetes-Besan is known to have very low levels of glycemic in it, which is great for those who have high diabetes.
One can use the flour to make parathas and rotis,
or replace the wheat flour to make desired dishes too.
- Happy heart-Besan assures you with a happy heart, since it has high soluble fibre in it,
which helps the heart stay strong and healthy for a very long time to come.
Even the most reputed heart surgeons and specialists recommend the use of besan over any other flour for the heart,
- Lose weight now-Since besan has low glycemic index, the calorie count would be low too, which is why fitness freaks and experts swear by the consumption of besan,
smoothie of besan is known as SATTU in India.
- Fights allergies-Besan doesn’t have gluten in it, which is grain and especially wonderful for those who have allergies to gluten induced foods.
Besan flour is highly nutritious and helps the body with immense benefits,
especially when fighting allergies of any kinds.
- Gluten free-Those who suffer from celiac ailments cannot have gluten, which is a protein. Gluten is found in barley and wheat extensively,
but not in besan. Besan helps the immune system stay strong in the process,
and the patient would be able to absorb all the nutrients as well as stay well nourished too.
- No more anaemia to worry of-The flour of besan helps with fatigue, weight loss and even iron deficiency in the body,
and we all know when someone has low iron content in the body, they suffer from anaemia.
- Besan is also good for those who suffer from dermatitis herpetiformis,
autoimmune disorders, sclerosis, autism, ADHD and more.
- One can use besan for the skin with a pinch of turmeric powder and milk.
The paste can be applied on the visible parts of the face and neck and left for ten minutes to dry.
This is a pack which would help exfoliate the skin and brings back the moisturising effects too.
Besan flour helps tighten the skin, gives it a glow and brings back elasticity too.
- As a body scrub, the flour of besan has been used time again since our grandmother’s young hood days. To remove spots, back acne, body marks and oiliness of the body,
try using the flour as a pack with milk and turmeric twice a week.
This is a pack which would remove the tan and keep the skin healthy and fresh.
Health benefits of Singhara Atta
- Water chestnut acts as an excellent coolant for the body. It promotes salivation
and quenches thirst. Being cool, sweet, heavy and bitter, it is effective in controlling
- Water chestnuts are a perfect food to form part of a healthy lifestyle. They are
high in nutrients and low in calories and almost fatless. Half a cup of water chestnuts
contains just 0.1 gram fat. All this makes them a healthy food option.
- Due to their detoxifying properties, water chestnuts are beneficial for people suffering
from jaundice. Jaundice patients can eat it in raw form or in juice form. It acts
as an excellent tonic for removing toxins from the body.
- Since water chestnut contains useful minerals like iodine and manganese, it helps
in maintaining proper functioning of the thyroid gland.
- Being rich in polyphenolic and flavonoid antioxidants, water chestnuts possess anti-bacterial,
antiviral, anticancer and antioxidant properties. They help in strengthening the
stomach and the spleen and remove symptoms of weak spleen such as bad taste, insomnia,
feeling sick, fatigue and cancer.
- Water chestnut is effective in treating different urine infections.
- The extracts of the water chestnut plant are effective in curing the disorders of
nausea and indigestion. Water chestnut juice is a natural remedy for stomach related
problems. The powder gruel of the water chestnut is beneficial for intestines and
for removal of internal heat.
- The powder of water chestnuts is effective in
relieving cough. Grind water chestnuts to make powder and consume it with water
or any juice twice a day. This is a natural remedy to provide instant relief from
- The usage of water chestnut either in raw form or in juice form helps
to alleviate the problem of bad appetite in children as well as in adults.
- Water chestnuts are just perfect to beat the scorching heat of the summers, thanks
to their excellent cooling properties. They have numerous curative and supplementary
properties as well.
- The juice of water chestnut is used to control diarrhea
and dysentery and the fruits are used in treating sore throat, anemia, fractures,
bronchitis and in leprosy.
- It helps in treating hypertension during pregnancy
and improves fetal growth. Porridge made from the flour of water chestnut is given
to a pregnant woman after delivery to check haemorrhage. The dried seeds stop bleeding
and treat miscarriage issues in women. It also promotes mammary gland secretion
- The juice extracted from water chestnuts eliminates the humour of bile and phlegm
and cures plethora. It also increases virility.
- Water chestnuts eliminate inflammations
and blood impurities. They are energy boosters which drive away tiredness and check
the flow of blood from wounds.
- Water chestnuts are excellent sources of potassium
with one cup providing 362.1 mg potassium. This mineral is vital for proper muscle
and neural functioning. It also regulates water retention and blood pressure by
Nutritional Value of Water Chestnut
Amount of Water Chestnut: 100g